rebuilt engine question

usually its new pistons, crank, cams, gaskets, etc...

would i buy a rebuilt engine? depends on who did the work.

there are certain parts of the engine that are very fragile, and can ruin an engine even if its a few thousandths off the correct measurment. i would only buy a car if a professional rebuilt it.

usually its new pistons, crank, cams, gaskets, etc...
would i buy a rebuilt engine? depends on who did the work.
UUUUMMMMMM No, definately not perhaps you should stick to audio smart one.

Everything will be magnifluxed (checking for cracks) if everyting is cool the rods will be resized the pistons will be replaced with a larger overbore piston. The block will be redecked and rebored. The crank will be turned to like new condition and rebalanced (some cranks are internally balanced, pont. 400). the cams will 9/10 not be replaced. All new gaskets and the head or heads will be milled to ensure proper sealing of the headgasket (ensures correct compression ratio). Thats pretty much it, sometimes the oil pump is replaced.

UUUUMMMMMM No, definately not perhaps you should stick to audio smart one.
Everything will be magnifluxed (checking for cracks) if everyting is cool the rods will be resized the pistons will be replaced with a larger overbore piston. The block will be redecked and rebored. The crank will be turned to like new condition and rebalanced (some cranks are internally balanced, pont. 400). the cams will 9/10 not be replaced. All new gaskets and the head or heads will be milled to ensure proper sealing of the headgasket (ensures correct compression ratio). Thats pretty much it, sometimes the oil pump is replaced.
so a rebuilt engine is just as reliable as a new one, or almost?

If they back it up with a good warranty; usually 12mo./ 12k miles. If they don't back up there work with a warranty, I would not buy from them.

When you get a rebuilt motor, it is important to break it in like it was a new motor; take it easy on the motor for the first 1k miles and change the oil and filter at 1,500 miles. Break it in right, treat it right, and it should last a long time.

thanks. if i run across another car with a rebuilt engine i will keep that in mind. right now the car that had the rebuilt engine i have given up on since i did some research and it has problems with its brake pressure modulator valve and it costs 1000 bucks to fix. im not gonna put in another 1k to get it fixed right after i buy it. btw its an 88 blazer and my friend has one and we just found out that he needs to get the same thing fixed on his...which really ***** as he just bought the blazer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.