recommend me some eletrical upgrades .... 1800watts

maniackilla
10+ year member

cout<<"c++";
i have a 95 s10 and even an old pyle amp can make the lights dim. my setup is as follows:

- 4 Phoenix Gold TI12s

- 1 abahn 1800watt amp

- HU/neons/lights/components (other small stuff, no component amp yet)

i want to upgrade my alt. is 150amp enough for my application? i know it will WORK, but i dont want it running 90% on a regular basis, not that i always bump, but you know what i mean. going 200amps would be better, but that about the price/amperage ratio?

also, ill be running my power wire under the frame, so should i run 0awg to a dblock, and then have 1 foot or so of 4awg to the amp, or would 100% 4awg be fine?

I would be careful about running the wire outside the truck. I have seen too many things go wrong with applications like that. I would use o awg (only because you said you may want to upgrade later), and split it to a 4 awg. I would use a 4 awg min ground, and I would even think about doing a double ground. (not needed, but it would not hurt). Make sure the ground is not around a seat bolt, and has a good quality fastener on the end. DO NOT strip the wire and wrap it around a bolt. Make sure you clean (no paint of sealer) where the ground is going.

Sorry I did not talk about the alt. A 150 amp alt should do just fine. Your truck is pulling about 50 to 60 amps (with everything on, maybe more with neon) so you will have almost 100 amps left.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.