Recommendation for new amp for 3 SQL 12 d4s

Kybassbwoy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kentucky
I got the dual 4 ohms so final impedance would be 2.66 ohms as I want the better efficiency, dampening factor, and cooler operation that comes with less of a load in the amp.
These subs can take way more than the 1 k rating, and I'd like to have them end up with a realistic 1500 watts at least for good music output. I'll be running them sealed in .8 cubes each( I'm an everything guy and want punchy Bass)
I'm considering the taramps 8k and the jp 8300
I'm just wanting to make sure my transients are accurate and amp is good choice

I got the dual 4 ohms so final impedance would be 2.66 ohms as I want the better efficiency, dampening factor, and cooler operation that comes with less of a load in the amp.
These subs can take way more than the 1 k rating, and I'd like to have them end up with a realistic 1500 watts at least for good music output. I'll be running them sealed in .8 cubes each( I'm an everything guy and want punchy Bass)
I'm considering the taramps 8k and the jp 8300
I'm just wanting to make sure my transients are accurate and amp is good choice
Don't pay any attention to that thumbs down, that is a BOT or a dip$hit, either way, meaningless. THere are any number of really good amps that will fill the need. 8K is quite excessive and would require electrical upgrades, a lithium 2nd battery like a GloweVoltage Series 1, 2, or 3.

That said, there is the high raod:

And the lower-ish end road:

If you're going to use Taramps, for bass, go with the SMART, SMAT BASS or the BIG BOSS iunits, they are desinged specifically for pulling sub duty.

Another option often overlooked is the DS18 Hooligan and EXL Korean board designs. Very nice and great values.

Many different options out there.

Don't pay any attention to that thumbs down, that is a BOT or a dip$hit, either way, meaningless. THere are any number of really good amps that will fill the need. 8K is quite excessive and would require electrical upgrades, a lithium 2nd battery like a GloweVoltage Series 1, 2, or 3.

That said, there is the high raod:

And the lower-ish end road:

If you're going to use Taramps, for bass, go with the SMART, SMAT BASS or the BIG BOSS iunits, they are desinged specifically for pulling sub duty.

Another option often overlooked is the DS18 Hooligan and EXL Korean board designs. Very nice and great values.

Many different options out there.
I'm all about base electric first! I'm getting a mechman 240 amp alternator and have a ces 40 ah lto bank as well, and should be good to realistically get 4-5 k to all three subs after rise w the 8 k. With the gain turned down and running at 2.66, the 5 k wouldn't get much more than 1 k to each and they definitely can take more than that. I'd say the sound quality should be fine since the amp isn't being driven too hard.
That IA looks good though whew!!

I'm all about base electric first! I'm getting a mechman 240 amp alternator and have a ces 40 ah lto bank as well, and should be good to realistically get 4-5 k to all three subs after rise w the 8 k. With the gain turned down and running at 2.66, the 5 k wouldn't get much more than 1 k to each and they definitely can take more than that. I'd say the sound quality should be fine since the amp isn't being driven too hard.
That IA looks good though whew!!
Yes, the IA is a beast fo sho! Keep in mind that (all other things being equal) there is only about a 1.5 db gain in output from 5000 to 8000 watts, maybe 10% difference in a car environment.

Yes, the IA is a beast fo sho! Keep in mind that (all other things being equal) there is only about a 1.5 db gain in output from 5000 to 8000 watts, maybe 10% difference in a car environment.
Damn, that's really not much maybe not even detectable........ Smart 5 k has a proven track record and better voltage stability too. I'd say it should be plenty for such sensitive 90 DB 12 subs. I love the clean sound and sensitivity of these subs and they sledgehammer the bass drum on metal and rock sealed while digging to 8 hz in small sealed.

The power or efficiency aspect is referenced at 1 watt/1 meter in an anechoic chamber. and, it’s the standard for assessment. For reference, this assumes that all parts of the equation are equal, driver make, model, etc. and only difference is the power or the efficiency. The ear perceives a doubling of the volume at roughly 9-10 db. Starting with a base line at 2500 watts of input power, the math looks like this:
2500 to 5000 watts, you get a 3 db gain or a 33% increase in volume.
5000 to 10000 watts, another 3 db gain or a 66% increase in volume
10000 to 20000 watts, another 3 db gain or a 99% increase, a doubling of the volume to the ear. That is a 8-1 ratio, in a perfectly quiet anechoic chamber with a mic placed 1 meter from the speaker.
So whether it’s the same wattage to a speaker that is 3 db more efficient or the same efficiency with increased power, the math applies either way. In a car environment, it will be much less that these results obtained in an anechoic chamber. Those subs on 5k should blow the windows out! Save the coin and buy my Surge 2000.4 for the rest of the gear! Jk, but no, really, save the money and use it other places in the system.

Last edited:
The power or efficiency aspect is referenced at 1 watt/1 meter in an anechoic chamber. and, it’s the standard for assessment. For reference, this assumes that all parts of the equation are equal, driver make, model, etc. and only difference is the power or the efficiency. The ear perceives a doubling of the volume at roughly 9-10 db. Starting with a base line at 2500 watts of input power, the math looks like this:
2500 to 5000 watts, you get a 3 db gain or a 33% increase in volume.
5000 to 10000 watts, another 3 db gain or a 66% increase in volume
10000 to 20000 watts, another 3 db gain or a 99% increase, a doubling of the volume to the ear. That is a 8-1 ratio, in a perfectly quiet anechoic chamber with a mic placed 1 meter from the speaker.
So whether it’s the same wattage to a speaker that is 3 db more efficient or the same efficiency with increased power, the math applies either way. In a car environment, it will be much less that these results obtained in an anechoic chamber. Those subs on 5k should blow the windows out! Save the coin and buy my Surge 2000.4 for the rest of the gear! Jk, but no, really, save the money and use it other places in the system.
I hear you man lol. My old Orion xtr 4 k on them most definitely made them scream and it sounds like the extra cost of the power upgrade would be a waste. They're going in an extended cab 2000 S10 so it will be easy to get loud in there. I'm thinking about doing a third order where it's a small sealed enclosure followed by a waveguide and output all comes out of the top of the box, so subs are surface loaded and less panel vibration

Those look good and a great deal!
They are good, but just get a 4K DS18 EXL One amp, Rember, when strapping amps, it's the same as running a 2 channel in bridged mode, you can;t run the stingers at 1 ohm strapped, 2 ohms is the lowest and at 2.66, it's similar to a single amp at 1.3 ohm which you're trying to avoid. THe DS18 EXL model is a Korean board and is worth the $130 extra, No matching gains, etc. Strapping is great if you want to start at a certain $ point, then add more later. Just my $0.02

Those look good and a great deal
Offer this guy $500. This amp puts out 3300 watts at 3, around 3600 at 2 ohms and 5000 at 1om. The EVO5 line is the same as the EVOX2, but was not a US distro product for SD.

Technical specifications:

5000.1 EVO 5 1 Ohms
Power @ 12.6V @ 1 ohm: 1 x 5000 W RMS
Power @ 12.6V @ 2 ohms: 1 x 3300 W RMS
Power @ 12.6V @ 4 ohms: 1 x 2178 W RMS
Power @ 14.4V @ 1 ohm: 1 x 5575 W RMS
Power @ 14.4V @ 2 ohms: 1 x 3680 W RMS
Power @ 14.4V @ 4 ohms: 1 x 2428 W RMS
Frequency Response: 5Hz ~ 20kHz
Crossover: LP 50Hz ~ 20kHz / HP 5Hz ~ 80Hz 12dB/8A
Damping Factor: >1000
Maximum Consumption: 509A
Dimensions (LxWxH): 29.9 X 22.5 X 7.1 cm
Weight: 3.31kg

Last edited:
Offer this guy $500. This amp puts out 3300 watts at 3, around 3600 at 2 ohms and 5000 at 1om. The EVO5 line is the same as the EVOX2, but was not a US distro product for SD.

Technical specifications:

5000.1 EVO 5 1 Ohms
Power @ 12.6V @ 1 ohm: 1 x 5000 W RMS
Power @ 12.6V @ 2 ohms: 1 x 3300 W RMS
Power @ 12.6V @ 4 ohms: 1 x 2178 W RMS
Power @ 14.4V @ 1 ohm: 1 x 5575 W RMS
Power @ 14.4V @ 2 ohms: 1 x 3680 W RMS
Power @ 14.4V @ 4 ohms: 1 x 2428 W RMS
Frequency Response: 5Hz ~ 20kHz
Crossover: LP 50Hz ~ 20kHz / HP 5Hz ~ 80Hz 12dB/8A
Damping Factor: >1000
Maximum Consumption: 509A
Dimensions (LxWxH): 29.9 X 22.5 X 7.1 cm
Weight: 3.31kg
Yo!!

EVen better, offer this guy $500 see if he comes back with anything decent, he doesn't charge shipping. Great amp.

EVen better, offer this guy $500 see if he comes back with anything decent, he doesn't charge shipping. Great amp.

So that's rated legit power!? 😎

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...