replacement headunit for 2001 cavalier

marcotheclepto
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
i found this with the search engine wodering if its the same with the 2001... need to pull the switched power from somewhere...

You can go one of two ways with this. The proper and safe way is to use the head unit relocation kit from Scosche or others. http://www.scosche.com part #GM06. The kit # is GM1583 and the antenna adaptor is MDA1. As a retailer I will take the PROPER steps to ensure that the customer does not have any issues related to the GM class II databus in this vehicle. The GM06 harness is a headunit relocation kit that moves the factory cd player to the rear of the vehicle and keeps the unit in contact with the vehicle computer that pulses the data line every 15 seconds. It is a pain in the a$$ to do, but should be done PROPERLY. I will not guarantee any install on a customers vehicle should they not want to do it properly. Nor can any person responding to you guarantee an install they did not do based on inaccurate or misinformation.
Once the head unit is removed a new line must be found for the red ignition wire on the new cd player. This is most commonly ran to the Pink wire in the vehicle ignition or the Brown wire if you want the unit to work on acc and ignition. Both of these wires are found in the main vehicle harness coming down the steering column from the ignition tumbler.

As far as the reply from VERDIKT goes, the //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif is at the top of the mast.

Omg the only thing that u you loose is the door chimes so if you want to but a 50 dollar harness go ahead. Or do like i said a buy a 20 dollar harness and run it to the steering column. I have only done abut 100 of these cars. The entire top of the dash has to come off.

Omg the only thing that u you loose is the door chimes so if you want to but a 50 dollar harness go ahead. Or do like i said a buy a 20 dollar harness and run it to the steering column. I have only done abut 100 of these cars. The entire top of the dash has to come off.
the entire dash has to come off... crap i was gonna do this for a friend but that seems like too much trouble lol

He is a best buy retard. Go buy a metra 2003 wiring harness and run the wire to a thick brown wire under the steering column.
... not a best buy retard just never dont want to get into something thats gonna end up messing my friends car up... new to car audio and dont know all the ins and outs.. just trying to learn what i can before i go cutting wires i dont have to cut...

the entire dash has to come off... crap i was gonna do this for a friend but that seems like too much trouble lol
... not a best buy retard just never dont want to get into something thats gonna end up messing my friends car up... new to car audio and dont know all the ins and outs.. just trying to learn what i can before i go cutting wires i dont have to cut...
The dash is not difficult to take off. I would wager there are instructions online somewhere. Just be careful and find the screws holding you up.

Buy the module. SonicElectronix has it for 40 shipped.

The dash is not difficult to take off. I would wager there are instructions online somewhere. Just be careful and find the screws holding you up.

Buy the module. SonicElectronix has it for 40 shipped.
okay thanks, frinds not gonna be happy with me though lol didint want to have to spend any money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.