Replacing stock components. NEED your opinion!

skbay2003
10+ year member

I am helping my boss replace all his stock speakers from his 1999 GMC Z71 extended cab truck. He asked me what I could replace it with and all he said was money was really too much of an issue but it always sort of is and he just wants it to get loud when he needs it to. Keep in mind he is in his lower 50s so we arent talking too loud. I recommended the Infinity Kappas like the 63.5i's for the front doors and I think it is 5x7s or 4x6s in the back doors and I recommended the same. He is most likely going to run a JL 300/4 to all his components. I am just looking for any suggestions of the same quality for cheaper or even a better component set in itself but not too much more expensive like Focal or something. I will appreciate your opinion.

thanks

replacing the rears in that truck is a was of time IMO. Use a 300/2 instead and this will get him good and loud while staying clean too. he should really listen to the speakers for himself so you know what type of sound he likes--bright, mellow, punchy. You get the idea.

My choice is MB Quartz. They are really expensive, but you will NEVER go back to another brand. If he does not want to pay that much Power Bass makes a good sounding line of componant spearkers and are a great price. Not the top of the line but if you hear them you would be supprised you can get a full set of componant for under 80.00.

My first thought was MB Quart. But then I realized how expensive they were. I got all my Infinity Kappas (63.5is, 693.5is) on ebay for 225 bucks. How much more do you think MB Quart would be and which series should I go with? He will have an amp on it either JL 300/2 or 300/4.

If hes in his 50s he prob like diamond audios.I personally would ditch the rear speakers and get a nice 2 channel amp for the fronts.Check out mb quart reference series if hes on a budget or boston acoustics rally series.Very cheap off ebay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.