RF HX2 or Pioneer 2000SPL.

ecko3740
10+ year member

I have an Xtant 600watt mono amp. I am looking for the loudest deepest 12" subwoofer I can run with that amp. I have narrowed it down to 2 choices, either an RF HX2 500/rms 1000/max or a pioneer TS-W2000SPL 750/rms 2,000/max. I am kind of leaning toward the pioneer, however I cant find out much about it. none of my local stores have one on demo. Do you guys think my xtant amp will be able to run the pioneer? is the pioneer a good sub or would I be better with the HX2? I realize that most of these questions are up to personal opinion, I am just trying to get some feedback. Thanks in advance for your help.

well i just killed both of my 2000spls not even an hour ago //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bawling.gif.6287aa5d1d447c8af063fc9466e822ef.gif ...i had them running off a jbl 1200.1@1ohm ~600+wrms each, on one sub the pole piece became completely unattached to the cone, and on the other it looks like the pole is unattached at the bottom, this is not even with the amp turned up, and the sub volume fairly low on an EQ.... good thing i only payed 240 shipped for both of them when they first came out... :thumbsdow.....dont get me wrong those subs were loud as hell and got real low, maybe too low...hmmm

I wouldnt mess with RF.Im sure if i looked hard enough i could find a prob with almost anything.I would still take the pioneer over rf even with this guys bad review of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.