RF power 1000a2 to a brahma, XXX, or d2?

substance
10+ year member

houston
I have a RF 1000a2 with a birthsheet of 1664 watts all channels driven into full power @2 ohms @ 14.1 volts(its the old school one) I was thinking of hooking it up to some 12 w6's but thats too expensive and i got a single cab truck. I want some SPL here so i was wondering what sub yall could recommend for that amp. I just want one sub. Either one twelve or a ten, I was researching some brahmas, XXX's and Magnum D2's, Any ideas on the best sub for that amp? and what kind of enclosures for it? btw the amp is stable at 4ohms or higher.

the Mag needs about half of that power to run at top performance, so perhaps 2 D2 12"s is good, if you want to spend that much.

a XXX will take all 1664 watts by itself..

they say a Brahma only needs 700-800 watts to reach full excursion capabilities, but theres still people giving them a good 2000+ clean watts. (not to say it CANT take that kinda power with gains/etc set correctly) maybe thats why there are so many re-cones of the brahma

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.