RIP Jeep alternator..... And wallet.....

dudeogo

Actually a Potato
So at a totally unopertune time. The alt on my Jeep died. 20 year old 150 amp. What did you expect I guess. What are good alternator brands that are fairly priced. Already got a quote for 420ish for a 320 amp from Iraggi. And I think Team GP is similar.

Every aftermarket HO alt I've had has had some sort of issue.

Both times I've gone with "cheaper" companies. Even though they weren't really cheap, they were decently lower price than all the others, have all had some type of issue with them.

I'd keep that in mind.

Other brands to look at: Singer, DC Power, Mechman, US Alts, Excessive Amperage, Ohio Generator, or Custom Electric Services*facebook only*

Yes im starting to hear more and more about ces
My latest alt that's in my Jetta is from them.

Amazing customer service. They helped with all my questions, provided pictures and videos of my specific alt being benched, and very friendly.

Its a 270 that puts out some great power. Holds full tilt high 13's with all three of my amps.

Had a little pully issue but it has thus been settled and fixed.

Would recommend.

So at a totally unopertune time. The alt on my Jeep died. 20 year old 150 amp. What did you expect I guess. What are good alternator brands that are fairly priced. Already got a quote for 420ish for a 320 amp from Iraggi. And I think Team GP is similar.
wow 20 yrs., mine died after 9 and i only had like 400rms all those years..

My alt was in such a bad spot I decided to spend more money and hope I was getting a better quality alt. Gotta say I'm happy I did. My DC power alt has been taking a beating and still no issues years later.

BTW my DC Power came in a custom billet aluminum large case. Not a factory case like all other companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every aftermarket HO alt I've had has had some sort of issue. Both times I've gone with "cheaper" companies. Even though they weren't really cheap, they were decently lower price than all the others, have all had some type of issue with them.

I'd keep that in mind.

Other brands to look at: Singer, DC Power, Mechman, US Alts, Excessive Amperage, Ohio Generator, or Custom Electric Services*facebook only*
Never heard of them. Thought ces was a joke...Consumer Electronics Show until I kept reading....I just may have to look into them.

I've bought my last few from Excessive Amperage and been very happy.

Keep in mind, the factory regulator will only charge around 13.4V which IMO isn't even really adequate to properly maintain batteries so you should consider either buying one with internal regulator or buying an external regulator. My latest one from Excessive is internally regulated and charges 14.5-14.7 consistently.

Also do get your battery(s) load tested before you put everything back together. Running with dead/dying alternator can put a hurting on batteries.

[quote name='hispls']I've bought my last few from Excessive Amperage and been very happy.

Keep in mind, the factory regulator will only charge around 13.4V which IMO isn't even really adequate to properly maintain batteries so you should consider either buying one with internal regulator or buying an external regulator. My latest one from Excessive is internally regulated and charges 14.5-14.7 consistently.

Also do get your battery(s) load tested before you put everything back together. Running with dead/dying alternator can put a hurting on batteries.[/QUOTE]
@Hertz Mafia I'm getting a team GP built for me @GPcarAudio\.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.