SA-8 custom box help!

electech479

US
I have the task of mounting two sa-8s between the seats of an rx-8. I've built a few boxes in the past but haven't been as serious and precise as I need to be for this build. I've been doing some research and feel like I'm starting to get a little confused I was hoping to get some help from more experienced box builders. I will be posting pictures and will give a follow up once the build is completed. I'm having trouble figuring two factors volume and port size. I have a few constants on size. I need help with the remanding variables. I plan on tuning at 38hz unless someone can persuade me to go higher or lower. The port: i have to costants on the port it will be slotted and have a max width of 7in. The box: internal measurements length: 27.5in height: 11.5in. I assume the width of the box is the last thing to figure out to achieve desired volume. I'm also interested in hearing if anyone has more complicated internal designs.View attachment 26551865 The picture shows the general idea except the port will be between the subs. This part is already figured out just giving you an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.