FEATURED Scrapyard Score (exaggerating a bit on being a score)

And yeah I don't really expect any replies, not much to say here. I don't post much because I don't really do much with car audio anymore, I mess around occasionally, but really haven't done much in several years.

Tempted to glue the surround best I can and properly fry the voice coil, much more respectable than being left at a scrapyard. Kinda don't want to waste the glue though. 😄
Nice find. Id glue both sides and let it set for a week and then try it out man. Never know???Gorilla Epoxy will hold that joker together. Run It!!

Ill use old speaker magnets and sub magnets to screw on the shop/garage wall to hold screwdrivers/hammers ect. ill even use a 10 sub magnet under the car or hood to place wrenches and bolts nuts ect while working there😛😛

Solid idea for sure, but I currently have no use for it at the moment, probably won't do anything with this sub right now. I think they phased the yellow cone version out, not sure of their latest iteration of this model uses similar soft parts or not. There's always the ebay aftermarket stuff for the DIY / custom style sub building. I hate to recone something that is just going to sit around, but I will keep that in mind if I decide to do it anytime soon.
Garage sub be good. Place it in a corner loading off some old plywood about chest high on a little cheap used amp.

Garage sub be good. Place it in a corner loading off some old plywood about chest high on a little cheap used amp.
Decent idea as well. Now that you mention a garage sub, I wanted to build a portable bluetooth speaker with a legit subwoofer and some coaxials or something, with a real amplifier but all self contained and not overly big, but capable of decent output. This little 8" might actually be another thought for the sub in that project. I have nothing set in stone on that, but something I would like to build to listen to music when working on stuff in the driveway / yard.

Ill use old speaker magnets and sub magnets to screw on the shop/garage wall to hold screwdrivers/hammers ect. ill even use a 10 sub magnet under the car or hood to place wrenches and bolts nuts ect while working there😛😛

My garage is currently mostly storage so not much I can do in there, but I do have tons of old speakers / subs I could snag the magnets off of to do this if I ever get it cleaned out. 😭

Why is diyma do much better than here? It doesn’t help they put al; this site listings so far back no one will ever see it

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Deiimos

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Deiimos
Columbus Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies