Sealed boxes

its not really needed , but i guess u could do it if air is escaping..some subs come with this 1/8 inch x 1 inch thick foam stuff that u place around the outside diameter off the speaker hole...dont know what it is called though..gl

Use a rubber foam weather seal tape... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You can usually find it with other weatherproofing stuff

Definetly a lot less messy

Yeah. the rubber foam tape will work good if holes are already cut. When I build my boxes, I use the template provided with subs to cut hole, and then when I carpet it(or whatever material), I tuck some of the excess carpet down inside the box. The 1/8th" carpet usually gives you a really tight fit for your sub.

Also, make sure you caulk or use some sort of adhesive on all of your joints inside box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.