sealed magnum

Size will play a large role in the sound of a sub, but the area most affected is the low frequency extension of the sub in a given enclosure. Generally, the larger the enclosure, the lower the F3 of the alignment. (point at which frequency response drops to -3db) Personally, I'd go with the box that we at SI recommend at 2cubes sealed and I'd add about 16oz of polyfill to it just for good measure. That alignment should give you great LFE in car and it will also be very accurate.

got any deminsions on that 2 cube box? where can I pick up some poly fill? I am building a sealed enclosure tomorow for my mag 15, the ported one I built is just way to big (no room at all left in my trunk) I think I have too much air space in it also.

I know sealed is better for sq, does that mean as far as how the sub responds? or what?

the problem I am trying to resolve is that 1, I am not getting much out of my sub at volumes from 0 to 20 or so after that it starts moving alot. 2, I am not getting the I guess you could call it high bass notes out of it either.

I have my gain set about 3/4 the way, I have a good volt signal to my amps. I am not having a problem with battery dying. I just don't know what is the deal. I am hoping a sealed enclosure will sound better to me.

I know sealed is better for sq, does that mean as far as how the sub responds? or what?
the problem I am trying to resolve is that 1, I am not getting much out of my sub at volumes from 0 to 20 or so after that it starts moving alot. 2, I am not getting the I guess you could call it high bass notes out of it either.

I have my gain set about 3/4 the way, I have a good volt signal to my amps. I am not having a problem with battery dying. I just don't know what is the deal. I am hoping a sealed enclosure will sound better to me.
Sealed produces (box dependant) a flatter response with better transient response. You also have the added advantage of subsonic frequencies which are always a plus.

1. This could be because your mids/highs at lower volume levels are quite high and seemingly drown out the subwoofer. Keep in mind a subwoofer is meant to be felt, not heard.

2. This is probably due to your crossover frequency. "High Bass" notes should be handled by your midbass drivers. I wouldn't cross a 15" subwoofer any higher than 65hz on an 18db/octave or higher slope.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.