SecondSkin Audio Suggestions

ridge
10+ year member

I'm working on dynomatting my car before I put anything new in my car. I have some damplifier already which I'm going to use on the majority of the car. I'm wondering it'd be better to use a rattle pad in my trunk/rear deck instead of the damplifier. What's the difference? Thanks guys!

old thread but here is the answer.FIRST:

Rattles occure when 2 panels (or objects) resonate, or move and colide, making noise.

Vibrations occure on a single resonating panles

Damplifier is a mass loading damper. it adds weight to the panel to lower the resonant frequency to inaudible levels.

Rattle pad is an absorber and isolator.

open cell acousitcal foam that goes on plastic to cushion the contact bewtween to panels..

a combinatin of both is the best way to go

hope this helps

ANT

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.