CarAudio.com Recruit
houston
Alrighty.

JD1000.1 pushing 15" Kicker CVX, with LC2i

1000 x 2 = 2000.
sqrt2000 = ~44.7 = target voltage

So I:
-75% volume 50hz test tone
-Set LC2i just a hair before 'maximized' light turns on.
-Set amp gain to hit 44ish.
(ALSO - do I set inputs to low level when running from LC2i? - is this where my issue lies?)

BUT, if I set gain to hit the clipping indicator light on the amp itself, the voltage reaches like 75.

Should I keep it at the gain to where the voltage is at 44? Or would I be greatly underpowering them?

A little confused why these two numbers would be vastly different - target voltage v. clipping light voltage.

Thank you!

Last edited:
do I set inputs to low level when running from LC2
Yes.
BUT, if I set gain to hit the clipping indicator light on the amp itself, the voltage reaches like 75
This is max power output. Clip city, dirty power.
Should I keep it at the gain to where the voltage is at 44? Or would I be greatly underpowering them
Yes, at that voltage you will not go over the RMS power. So no danger when bad recordings overbass your system.

Yes.

This is max power output. Clip city, dirty power.

Yes, at that voltage you will not go over the RMS power. So no danger when bad recordings overbass your system.
So I set everything up. It is WAY underpowered. This is an upgrade from a 400 watt into a 12". It's considerably less.

Where's the disconnect? What's wrong with my settings? Did everything by the books. Not sure why I'm experiencing this.

I did yes. It’s ACV 200 (there’s a 250 knob too). I imagine no difference.

Also, if I set LC2i closer to max light (I was more conservative earlier), with amp gain down to left all the way, I was reading 56, which is higher than target voltage.

I guess I’m not seeing why it’s not pushing the power it can. My 400 into a 12” was louder. Confirmed wiring. 2ohm load. Please help lol. There’s no reason my 15” at 1000w2ohm is less than the 12”. There’s gotta be something I’m missing.

I do 32 of 35 volume with my Kenwood. My JL RD amp gain goes to 11 o clock before the gain clip light turns on. Your clip light should turn on at or a click past 75% volume if your other settings are correct. What is your sub level control at the deck set to?

Last edited:
I do 32 of 35 volume with my Kenwood. My JL RD amp gain goes to 11 o clock before the gain clip light turns on. Your clip light should turn on at or a click past 75% volume if your other settings are correct. What is your sub level control at the deck set to?
So my clip light doesn’t get activated until I crank gain ALL the way up. Near a 70 voltage. It just sounds… lackluster. I know it get louder. Not sure what I’m missing.

Question: for safety of speakers.
-is it okay to go above target voltage IF clipping light never gets triggered?

To recap
Since you are using the LC2i, it means you are using the OEM radio.
Did you have the LC2i when you had the 400w amp? If yes, was the Accubass set up?
Are you using the same RCAs you had with the 400w amp?
Have you tested the sub's Ohm value?
Yes to LC2i if prior system. Acubass was set. MAYBE THATS MY PROBLEM. I didn’t get around to setting acubass yet. Different RCAs. The original set was the long one. I bought another off of amazon that was 1.5 feet. Should I try swapping out the others? Do you think that's where an issue could lie? I spent $20 on the 1.5ft and they had great reviewes.

Also haven’t formally tested, but ran DVC4 pos to pos and neg to neg. Should I formally test with multimeter? Brand new sub out of the box.

Last edited:
Should I formally test with multimeter? Brand new sub out of the box.
Yes, just to ascertain the resistance.
Yes to LC2i if prior system. Acubass was set. MAYBE THATS MY PROBLEM. I didn’t get around to setting acubass yet
If it was already set then it should be ok. But another question popped up; withe the prior amp, was the LC2i set with the radio at 75% volume? The reason I ask is because some OEM radios lower the bass output as the volume rises.

Going to set acunass this evening and report back to you.

Cartoys set it up. When he set the second one, I asked him to move the box all the way down to the corner, he took this as setting the LC2i all the way down. midcommunication. So when I left all of the LC2i were down so I had to reset but didn’t touch acubass. But then I reinstalled an entire new system myself with new amp

Yes, just to ascertain the resistance.

If it was already set then it should be ok. But another question popped up; withe the prior amp, was the LC2i set with the radio at 75% volume? The reason I ask is because some OEM radios lower the bass output as the volume rises.
Update: arbitrarily increased acubass knob out 20%. Sounds considerably better. Definitely closer to what it should. Still not full potential.

Question for you, acubass doesn’t increase voltage right? From my understanding it restores bass lost on roll off. I’m going to formally set it, but want to know if increasing acubass can risk blowing speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...