Severe clipping?

brandontw
10+ year member

just some guy
Reno, NV
Ok heres the deal my rear speakers were blown, so i bought some audiobahn 680 p plate speakers. I know its a bad desision and i would undo it if i could but i needed a quik, cheap fix so i bought them off of ebay for 40 bucks or somthing and just got them today. I just installed them and, oh my, i guess they are power *****s because i am running them off of my head unit (another bad plan, I know) and i have infinity kappa 3.5's in front also run off of the head unit and if i have the fader set almost all the way to them the infinitys are still louder, but that is the least of my problems. When I have the whole thing turned up to a reasonable volume, All of the speakers start clipping really bad. for a while i was having just the infinitys on and they never clipped at that volume. Would my best bet be just to get a little 4 channel amp? Or is there something else that could be wrong? the head unit is a clarion pro audio DXZ735 mp3 player. it has 52x4 max power. Could i have the new speakers wired wrong? like + to _ and - to + or something like that? the manual says the impeadence is 3 ohms too, i know that could cause a problem with the head unit too. please help.

Pretty sure the HU should have speakers of 4Ohm hooked up to it.. and as far as the + and - go.. if those are wired backwards the speakers will just be out of phase and wouldn't sound as good, mids hit at different times..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.