Shallow mount subs

pilyin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I've got about 7 inches to play with. Because of this I'm looking for some really shollow mount subs (probably 8's because of room). The 8 inches includes the box. I'm looking for some suggestions for what type of subs sound good and have a very small mounting depth.

The install is behind the seats of a fiero. I don't want to cut into the firewall. What kind of sub is the pioneer? RE8? Is that by Rockford?

pioneer ts-sw124d. it says 0.6 -0.8 cubic feet.Its a premier sub. 220$ sugg retail price, i dont think its on the market yet some time in may?

Earthquake also makes shallow mount subs only 3" deep(earthquakesound.com)

SWS-10" 400 MAX $312.00 or SWS-8" 600 MAX $412.00

Or Blaupunkt they make a 10" and 12" 2" deep.

I found the earthquake subs earlier today and was trying to find another place other than earthquakesound.com that offers them but came up empty. Anybody know of any other place that they're offered. Illusion Audio went out of buisness. An old dealer of them told me about earthquake, but he didn't know any authorized dealers of them. I don't care if they're authorized or not, I'd like to find a couple of other places that sell them.......suggestions?

Are these something that are just beginning to appear on the market and worth waiting a couple of months on to see where the markets heading?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.