Shiva questions

8inw7
10+ year member

Kansas
Alright, so i used to have an 8 inch w7 with a 250 watt jl amp and an HO box. This cost me 800, and one year later i sold it for 750...

now im in need for another sub, but im hoping to pay much less and try and get the same type of sound. Im nto at all worried about how loud it is, i just want it to sound nice and deep like my w7 did.

So far, the sub i hear would be best for me is a Shiva. I was wondering what kind of amp you would suggest for my needs. I will build my own box since ive had many friends build boxes and they could help.

One concern i have is when i was reading up on shiva comments, someone said it had bad high frequency handling. I dont know what this means, but i would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me. Here is the link where i found that comment. http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=79324&highlight=shiva

it cant take 600W rms.

Get a 350-400W rms@ 4 ohm amp.

I used a MA Audio M1889i, it cost me $130 shipped.

The Shiva has sweet low end, especially in a ported box

Why is that funny? did i pay way too much? Whatever, who cares...i sold it only lost 50 bucks for a year's use...and i kept the wires which were included in the 800 dollar price. Now i wanna spend a lot less.

I don't have any problems with my Shiva in my quasi-HT upstairs...it's quite content in its 1.5cf sealed enclosure and 250W plate amp. I've got it crossed over at around 50Hz, lower than what you'd do in a vehicle, but it's excellent.

Not even running off my "real" home setup yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Can always throw a second box together for the HT & have two pounding in the house.For now I like the lighter weight of the Shiva ,something to hold me over for the winter.

Pshhh...

Amatures, ill just throw one mf my Brahma 15's in a ported enclosure, 800W rack amp to the beast.

You think my house will fall apart ?

it cant take 600W rms.Get a 350-400W rms@ 4 ohm amp.

I used a MA Audio M1889i, it cost me $130 shipped.

The Shiva has sweet low end, especially in a ported box
and ur right supa,my Shiva dont like the 500 or so watts from my JL.Come spring I'm gonna try something different,maybe a IB setup,really want to lose the whole enclosure thing altogether.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.