Should I be worried about blowing my Alpine speakers with too much bass?

Alex101903

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all,

I just got new Alpine speakers in my car. In the front the Alpine R2-S69c and the rear Alpine R2-S65. I also have an amplifier, which is the Alpine R2-A60F. I do not have a subwoofer. Everything sound amazing, but I'm worried about turning up the bass on the equalizer too much and blowing my speakers. Are there any signs that you're damaging your speakers and that I need to turn the bass down or is this something that you wouldn't know until you've pushed them to far and they're already blown and you're in trouble?

I don't have any knowledge on the speakers and amplifiers specs and am a bit of an amateur when it comes to this type of knowledge, hence why I had this professionally installed and am asking for your help.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Photo
  1. No
there any signs that you're damaging your speakers
There will definitely be a mechanical noise when you overpower the speakers. That sound will show up long before overheating the coils. Like most of us, if you experience this rattle you will probably be quick to lower the volume so no real need to worry about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...