are these amps worth buying or should i keep what i have

i have a

6 channel older ppi p650 amp

want to run the mids highs off

and a older

white crossfire amp 300x2 whatever that means

to run my (2) jl audio 10" w3's

or should i buy my buddies

Pioneer 200-Watt x 2 Bridgeable MOSFET Amplifier with Tri-Mode Power Distribution Model: GM-374 to run my jl audios

and buy the

Pioneer 240-Watt Bridgeable MOSFET Amplifier with Tri-Mode 3-Way Power Distribution Model: GM-X372

to run my mids highs

he wants like 80 bucks for them should i buy them or keep what i have already could they be useful or not please help

Yea, thats a great deal. Buy them both and hook them up to see which one you like better. A 6 channel to run mids and highs seems a litte much. you could bridge channels 1-4 to create 2x150 for a comp set and 50x2 in the back for rear fill if you think that is neccessary.

In regards to the PPI 650.

If you bridge channels 1-4 for your comps, you will be getting 200 x 2 for each speaker. I don't know if there are any comp sets that can withstand that much wrms. And the last 2 channels on that amp are sub dedicated, they have a built in 90hz low pass filter.

That amp is meant for chan1-2: front speakers, chan3-4: rear speakers, chan 5-6:subwoofer.

It's an awesome amp and has better specs than most other amps out there. I am getting mine repaired and will run my sub off the sub channels bridged and use the front speaker outputs, have not figured what to do with chan3-4 since i will have no rear speakers. Maybe I will add a midbass set somewhere in my car.

The Pioneer cannot touch it with a 10-ft pool, this amp makes things sound the way they are meant to sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.