Should I trade subs??

I have 2 6.5 savards high q in a small ported box under rear sit should I trade for a single JL 10tw3 ? Will it be louder or no thanks in advance.
Is the JL ported? How many watts does the 6.5 handle. Either way, I would take the JL. unless you're pushing a tremendous amount of power through those 6.5's, that JL will be louder.

I have 2 6.5 savards high q in a small ported box under rear sit should I trade for a single JL 10tw3 ? Will it be louder or no thanks in advance.
That's a tough one. I am pro JL but those Savards look impressive. 2" voice coil while the JL is 1.5".
The JL is a known performer, higher RMS per sub, and more cone area than both 6.5s. I would trade. It should play lower in the ported box than the Savards while using less power.

I'd also like to see pics. Thinking of putting 4 6.5s under the back seat of my truck. Based on specs alone, I'd guess it wouldn't be much different. The jl has a little more surface area and xmax, but you can put almost double the power to the 6.5s. But I haven't heard either, so couldn't tell you.

I'd also like to see pics. Thinking of putting 4 6.5s under the back seat of my truck. Based on specs alone, I'd guess it wouldn't be much different. The jl has a little more surface area and xmax, but you can put almost double the power to the 6.5s. But I haven't heard either, so couldn't tell you.
I've worked with some great 6.5s a local to me guy is selling, RDS Audio. They can be surprising output wise. As always it's really all about the enclosure even with quality drivers.

Last edited:
With 2 of the 6.5s they will handle 300 watts more than the single jl.
I read the power ratings wrong. The Savards are 300 watts each, and the JL is 400 watts. However, the JL has more surface area and the parameters are better all around. It would be an interesting comparison. The JL will definitely sound better and lower frequencies, but...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...