simple distribution block question.

NvMe1991

i had this set up in my buick, 2 amps(rockford t3002, kenwood KAC-9105D). one day im driving and the left side front component started coming in and out. then a bit later it just stop working all together. couple days later the right one does the same. i take the amp out and hook it up to my bench. the left channel was completely fried. the right channels was close to it. i hooked it back up in the buick for further troubleshooting. the amp became instantly hot. i imediatly unhooked it. i hooked another rockford amp(p5002) up and it too became instantly hot. this is why im posting this in wiring and electrical. ok so wiring is as follows, 4 gauge rockford wire, 150 amp circut breaker, wire continued to the back, stinger distrubution block, 2 4 gauge inputs, 4 8 gauge outputs, i have power on one side, and ground on the other. for those who i just lost let me explain. the power wire is using one 4 gauge input an then 2 outputs to each amp. then grounded both to the other 2 outputs of the distribution block and then grounded from the 4 gauge input. my question is, is this why my amp fried and got hot ect.? should i just go out and buy a seperate distribution block for grounding? thanks in advance.

You don't need a ground distro. Just use the same ground spot. Not sure why/how you are not arc welding with what I'm seeing this look like in my head.

That distro looks sketchy man. I don't like those being that close. Are your speaker wires pinched somewhere? Do you have a multimeter?

That distro looks sketchy man. I don't like those being that close. Are your speaker wires pinched somewhere? Do you have a multimeter?
x2 on the sketchness. That almost looks like they're touching already...

double check all your grounds

that is the ground, the black wire goes to the seat bolt. i have a picture of that too but im sure you know what that looks like. the wire isnt touching each other. the power wire comes up under the carpet right there, possibly swap sides so the wires dont cross over each other? i still dont see how that would fry one of my amps and then heat the other one up immediatly upon power up.

Also note on that distro... if any strand of that positive wire ever touches that mounting screw or the negative side you will have fireworks. Actually I would bypass that distro and try your amp. Or try the amp on the wires you have hooked up to that kenwood. If both wires come from the same place (the distro) and one side works and the other doesn't it is either the amp or the wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.