[SOLVED] Alpine IDA-X001 - Unsupported MP3 format

BEBER7

Hi,

I create this thread with the answer in it because the other one was closed when the answer wasn't actually given... I've been struggling and wondering too long to not share the solution.

Problem :

You Alpine IDA-x001 show "Unssuported" for some MP3 you have on your USB Stick, you wonder why, they work fine on your computer.

Information :

Here is the documentation of your car audio system : http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/IDA-X001%20OM.PDF

On page 16, they are explaining that mp3 is supported from 8 to 320 kps.

My MP3 was 360 kps and still wasn't working.... they said something that made me understood what was really going on..

Unit playback of AAC files encoded by Itune version 7.0 is supported... and I was like.. wth... they based their sh** on apple...

It appear that all my files that was encoded with Itunes were all working when the others were not... -_-

Solution :

I downloaded Freemake audio, it's a free software, google it you will find it. You just select your files and convert them in MP3 ( I know they already are ) in the best quality possible ( it's an option ), then copy the new file in your USB stick and you will good to go.

It's testes and approved !

Take care when installing this little guy, it's trying to install some toolbar, so go for custom install and do not install all the things..

If you are comfortable with others software I'm sure there is plenty that will work.

To finish :

Your IDA-x001 do not like old MP3 format apparently, just re-encode them and you will be fine. Do not try to format you USB stick or anything this won't help. Mine was in Fat32.

Good luck guys, hope I helped someone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.