Sound Deadening

Scorpion
10+ year member

Just spoke with a friend of mine about outside noise getting into his pickup. He asked me an interesting question that I am going to ask yall.

His question: Why spend the money for Dynamat when car undercoating does the same thing?

My responce: Undercoating smells terrible and takes a long time to cure. I personally dont want that smell in the cab.

So what do yall think about this?

There are plenty of alternatives to dynamat.

Check outhttp://www.secondskinaudio.com

I've used second skin myself and i personally love it. Doesn't smell and sticks wonderfully.

Contact "ifandorbuts" on this forum, he owns it and gives a very nice discount to forum members.

Yes undercoating does smell bad and will taker a long time to cure. It dosen't work AS good as Dynamat or any of the other deadeners. As tommyk90 said, Second Skin is a great proudct, just as good as Dynamat if not better for cheaper, and you get a discount since you are on the forum.

Dynamat etc. is WAY denser than undercoating. You're looking for vibration dampening, not rust protection. Different animals altogether.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.