Sound Problems

DjBluDragon

where to start....... I have

4 12" hifonics 300rms on 2 box

2 caps

12v battery

2 amps #1 Insignia 350 or 600 Idk i got it from a friend and he got it from someone and dont know what is is.#2 mtx thunder 502 125W x 2

kinwood KDC-MP45U

Pix are added

system was tweaked and worked on for the last 6 months. everything was working perfectly, sounds were throbbing very hard. got a flat, friend was to "helping" remove spare from trunk (pic subs for visual). left box was pulled out, right box was pulled out by "helping" friend (pic amp 1). helper pulled to hard not know system set-up, very loud squalling after pulling box out to far.

status now: squalling thru interior speakers which are being powered by (pic amp 2) and low rumble in subs being powered by (pic amp 1). system fully disassembled and reassembled squalling and rumbling still there. *note when problem happened load was coming from alternator, after reassembling load coming from battery. ground to body frame re-sanded, no effect. all wires checked. HU re-wired, checked.

idea - if amps load was coming from alternator could a surge of power mess it up and cause whizzing sound thru speakers due to some kind of uneven electrical flow?

any ideas/suggestions, plz submit answer. any other information needed plz let me know.

Unplug your rcs and see if you issue is power related or sound related

The battery should have absorbed the alternator spike, but if it didnt then the cap should have.

Try removing the caps and going straight from the battery.

If you have any other equipment (eq) between radio and amp remove and run radio straight to amp.

the vehicle was running when you were removing gear?

are those three bowling balls against your amps and caps?

you could have damaged the amps or damage RCA cables. bench test the amps and test/replace the RCA's.

this is just one of the many reasons i don't recommend mounting amps and equipment to sub boxes. boxes should be able to be removed by simply disconnecting speaker wire. the amp wiring shouldn't have that much extra length, nor are those connections made to handle that kind of movement.

i recommend you move the amps to a separate location and avoid placing bowling balls against them. that much weight can cause damage when it shifts.

the vehicle was running when you were removing gear?
are those three bowling balls against your amps and caps?

you could have damaged the amps or damage RCA cables. bench test the amps and test/replace the RCA's.

this is just one of the many reasons i don't recommend mounting amps and equipment to sub boxes. boxes should be able to be removed by simply disconnecting speaker wire. the amp wiring shouldn't have that much extra length, nor are those connections made to handle that kind of movement.

i recommend you move the amps to a separate location and avoid placing bowling balls against them. that much weight can cause damage when it shifts.
lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.