soundqubed mids??

Justin braaapp

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm Upgrading my front stage and I'm pretty set on getting the soundqubed super tweets but I haven't really heard anything on their QP-MR6.5 mids so does anybody on here have any experience with them? Do they provide good midbass or should I look into other pro audio mids? Thanks for the help everyone

I'm Upgrading my front stage and I'm pretty set on getting the soundqubed super tweets but I haven't really heard anything on their QP-MR6.5 mids so does anybody on here have any experience with them? Do they provide good midbass or should I look into other pro audio mids? Thanks for the help everyone
I run 4 of the pro audio mids and 2 supertweets i like em alot ..they are of course super loud amd crossed at the right spot sound very good..but getting midbass out of them requires very solid deadning but that goes for any mid..i have them crossed at 100 and tweets crossed at 3500

I run 4 of the pro audio mids and 2 supertweets i like em alot ..they are of course super loud amd crossed at the right spot sound very good..but getting midbass out of them requires very solid deadning but that goes for any mid..i have them crossed at 100 and tweets crossed at 3500
Im new to pro audio mids and hi's so when you say you have them crossed over is that something you do on the headunit or do you do that on the amp?

Until I can afford an amp to go full active I was going to run the super tweets off the HU for now and then the mids off my polk pa660 amp. I've heard that the soundwqubed super tweets still get really loud off just HU power

Until I can afford an amp to go full active I was going to run the super tweets off the HU for now and then the mids off my polk pa660 amp. I've heard that the soundwqubed super tweets still get really loud off just HU power
Yes they get loud off hu power and there are many active amps that are pretty cheap..i open my amp filters max then cross them at the hu..my amp and hu are both active capable so its pretty easy

Yes they get loud off hu power and there are many active amps that are pretty cheap..i open my amp filters max then cross them at the hu..my amp and hu are both active capable so its pretty easy
would I be able to use the crossover that came with my focal access speakers with the super tweets and mids or no?

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

since my amp isn't active capable I was wondering if I would be able to do that. Thanks for the help by the way

Most pa setups get a bad rap bc most ppl install them incorrectly or dont take the time to mess with the crossover points to get them to blend well ..and they get very shrilly and screechy if setup incorrectly

Most pa setups get a bad rap bc most ppl install them incorrectly or dont take the time to mess with the crossover points to get them to blend well ..and they get very shrilly and screechy if setup incorrectly
Im not sure how in depth it is but could you run down what the proper way to install them is please?

would I be able to use the crossover that came with my focal access speakers with the super tweets and mids or no? 

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

since my amp isn't active capable I was wondering if I would be able to do that. Thanks for the help by the way
You need to research the crossover points of the focal passive crossover but it might be in the ballpark..the tweets come with a small 3.5k resistor i beleive..i threw mine away tho

You need to research the crossover points of the focal passive crossover but it might be in the ballpark..the tweets come with a small 3.5k resistor i beleive..i threw mine away tho
Ive heard about the resistor but I don't know what that is. Im really confused on crossover points and how to do it. could you run down how to properly install them please

Im not sure how in depth it is but could you run down what the proper way to install them is please?
Its not so much in the actual installation its in prepping the door with fiberglass bags and properly deaden the inner and outer skin and keeping the door panel itself from rubbing/rattling etc..for the install i suggest 3/4 mdf rings..@keephopealive; has a extensive thread in his accord build log

Ive heard about the resistor but I don't know what that is. Im really confused on crossover points and how to do it. could you run down how to properly install them please
Well with passive its really easy as the crossover does all the work ..i those work u wont need the resistor

Well with passive its really easy as the crossover does all the work ..i those work u wont need the resistor
Components: Focal uses audiophile grade polypropylene capacitors and air core inductors to ensure high definition and a dynamic sound quality.

Tweeter Level: You can adjust the output level of the tweeter on the crossover to -6 dB, -3 dB, or 0 dB.

Crossover Slopes: The crossover uses 2nd order, 12 dB per octave low-pass and high-pass filters. The crossover frequency for both is 4,800 Hz.

Wiring: The inputs and outputs are screw terminals; they will accept bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.3" wide.

This is what I found on the crossovers I have. Does it look like they will work?

Components: Focal uses audiophile grade polypropylene capacitors and air core inductors to ensure high definition and a dynamic sound quality.
Tweeter Level: You can adjust the output level of the tweeter on the crossover to -6 dB, -3 dB, or 0 dB.

Crossover Slopes: The crossover uses 2nd order, 12 dB per octave low-pass and high-pass filters. The crossover frequency for both is 4,800 Hz.

Wiring: The inputs and outputs are screw terminals; they will accept bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.3" wide.

This is what I found on the crossovers I have. Does it look like they will work?
They should be ok for now ..u might have to play with the output level on the tweets

Its not so much in the actual installation its in prepping the door with fiberglass bags and properly deaden the inner and outer skin and keeping the door panel itself from rubbing/rattling etc..for the install i suggest 3/4 mdf rings..@keephopealive; has a extensive thread in his accord build log
What is that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.