Speaker box for Nissan truck

hcoronado
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hi guys, I am a new member and I wanted to say that this website has a lot of information that I was looking for, and it looks like there are a lot of guys here with lots of knowledge.

Any how, I am sort of confused about building a box for my 2 12w6v2's........I am planning on running them with 2 500/1's.....One for each speaker.

Anyhow I am planning on installing them on a Nissan truck hard body with a tonneau cover (not a camper shell) and I was thinking about doing a cut-through or blow-through.........I guess the difference between the two is the blow through would have a much bigger opening then the cut-through, but please feel free to correct me......anyhow my questions are as follow.

1- Should I go sealed or ported?

2- How do I make sure the box is in place (besides the rubber boot) and no air escapes between the box and cabin and I want eliminate any possible rattling.

3- Does anybody here ever done a blow-through or cut through? Maybe some pictures?

4- maybe someone can help on a design for this setup?

And last but not least I already have the speakers and the amps so please do not recommend other brands of equipment.

Thanks

Hi guys, I am a new member and I wanted to say that this website has a lot of information that I was looking for, and it looks like there are a lot of guys here with lots of knowledge.Any how, I am sort of confused about building a box for my 2 12w6v2's........I am planning on running them with 2 500/1's.....One for each speaker.

Anyhow I am planning on installing them on a Nissan truck hard body with a tonneau cover (not a camper shell) and I was thinking about doing a cut-through or blow-through.........I guess the difference between the two is the blow through would have a much bigger opening then the cut-through, but please feel free to correct me......anyhow my questions are as follow.

1- Should I go sealed or ported?

2- How do I make sure the box is in place (besides the rubber boot) and no air escapes between the box and cabin and I want eliminate any possible rattling.

3- Does anybody here ever done a blow-through or cut through? Maybe some pictures?

4- maybe someone can help on a design for this setup?

And last but not least I already have the speakers and the amps so please do not recommend other brands of equipment.

Thanks
Hit me up on AIM. I've got some blow-thru box plans that you might find interesting. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.