Speaker humm and hiss

Omer Darshani

CarAudio.com Newbie
Israel
Hi guys. I have a corsa opc /Vauxhall vxr2013. And I installed a pumpkin headunit, focal performance 165 v1 last editiom, an nvx vad 11005 amp. And 4 gauge wiring kit.

Power wires and RCAs run on different sides of the car,
For ground to the amp I sanded the body beneath the rear seatbelt bolt and screwed the bolt back on the cable. (Also made sure that it's good) Also gave the head unit a sperate ground trying to fix the problem, aslo tried different RCAs,

Now the problem is: I have this annoying humm and slight alternator hiss from the front focal's that goes away when I turn off the headlights or press the brakes. (The alternator hiss still stays a little).

If anyone has a clue. I'll greatly appreciate any help 🙏🙏. I believe it has something to do with ground problem

Some quick tests can tell you what component are picking up the noise. Don’t unplug anything with the stereo on.
1. Unplug the rca cables from the amplifier. If the noise is gone, it is not the amplifier or speaker wires that are picking up the noise.
2. Reconnect the RCA to the amplifier and disconnect them from the head unit. Turn stereo on. If the noise is gone, it’s not the rca cables.
3. Reconnect every thing but hold the head unit in your hands out of the dash. If noise is gone, you have a radiated noise problem in your dash.

Once you figure out what piece is the problem you can figure out a fix.

Some quick tests can tell you what component are picking up the noise. Don’t unplug anything with the stereo on.
1. Unplug the rca cables from the amplifier. If the noise is gone, it is not the amplifier or speaker wires that are picking up the noise.
2. Reconnect the RCA to the amplifier and disconnect them from the head unit. Turn stereo on. If the noise is gone, it’s not the rca cables.
3. Reconnect every thing but hold the head unit in your hands out of the dash. If noise is gone, you have a radiated noise problem in your dash.

Once you figure out what piece is the problem you can figure out a fix.
Agreed

Truth be told after watching several Aiwa commercials in my youth I became an mega-expert car radio magician from the knowledge contained in those 30 second clips

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...