Speakers fading out / lowering in volume?!

Participant count
  • Participant list

smashedpumpkins
10+ year member

So after installing my system I've run into a problem. This is in a 2011 Toyota Corolla and was previously installed in a 2008 Toyota Tundra. (It worked perfect in the truck)

Specifications

Kenwood 8120

CDT Audio ES 62ius Fronts /w tweets

CDT Audio CL 62cv Rears /w tweets

Dash Tweets

2 Boston Acoustics G1 10"

Sundown 100.4 4 Channel Amp

Sundown 1000d Sub Amp

I'm having some trouble with speakers fading out or cutting out. It's definitely both front speakers. I played with the fade and both front speakers quiet down a little at random times while driving. No static occurs at all. Sometimes it's partially silent for a few seconds but usually for only a split second. It's almost like the hiccups every few seconds. (Really annoying!) The back speakers do not have any trouble. It still occurs when fully faded to the front. It does not occur however when completely faded to the front right or front left. It does not occur at all when idling. It only occurs when driving. I was cruising around 35 and it occurs. I haven't hit the freeway to test it yet.

I checked the RCA cables at both the head unit and amp. I taped them up behind the headunit to prevent them from detaching. I checked the speaker wires as well and they're fully secure in the amps. I also played with a few areas that might pinch but I'm able to pull them forward and backward a little letting me know they're not pinched.

I did have some trouble with one of my RCA cables giving static/engine whine unless wrapped with the other RCA cable. (No where near the power wire) Since both cables are secured on each end my only guess is that one RCA cable might be bad. When I can, I'm going to check if that RCA cable is the fronts. If it is, I'll string a new RCA cable and test it out.

One thing I didn't test was at low volume. I cranked it to about 20 on my Kenwood which can go up to 35 I think it is. (So still relatively on the low end) I'm believe it still cut out at lower volumes a few days ago when I drove but I'm not 100%.

However, even if the cable is bad, why would it only occur while driving? This leads me to believe it's some kind of power issue at the amps. Though like I mentioned, it worked perfect in my Tundra. Can anyone come to some conclusions with this? The 0 gauge power looks good from the battery to the amps. Thanks for the help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.