Stock Bose Speaker System

SuBXeRo
10+ year member

hey guys i have a stock bose 4 speaker system in my car its a 96 infiniti i30, i was wondering if anyone here had any knowledge on them. i plan on putting type r's in, but to be economical right now i want to keep my headunit. and use it to only send speaker signals to the 4 channel rd amp im going to buy. can this be done without having to purchase any aftermarket adapters, also is the signal any good?

if the amp has high level inputs you will not need adaptors, however if it does not have them then you will use a hi-low converter, preferably adjustable. Signal will not be near the quality of a low level signal because of all the conversions it must go through, kinda like making a copy of a copy (think tape not cd). Monster cable also makes a wire for this purpose so you can save money on speaker wire, it has 9 wires in one larger wire (8 for speakers, 1 remote turn on) also makes the install go quicker!

I'm not sure about the Infinity Bose system.. but I've worked with several Mazda Bose systems which have five speakers, an amp on each speaker and a smaller amp for a center dash speaker. Each rear deck speaker has an input plug with four wires, two are the power wires and the two thinner wires are the signal from the head unit. The center dash speakers amp on Mazda's is behind the rear passenger side seat and also has this same input plug/wiring configuration. The two signal wires have the same 3 volt signal that an aftermarket head unit would have as an RCA style output. If you splice an extension into these signal wires on the center speaker amp or rear deck speakers and solder the extension wires to a blank RCA plug from Radioshack (or you can cut an RCA cable and splice the actual cables wires in...) you will have a nice high quality/regular RCA syle wire and signal to use plug into your sub amp instead of having to splice wires in AFTER the Bose amplifer in which case you would have a high/speaker level input.

Sorry that the way I typed it sounds confusing... hope you can figure it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.