Strange Jetta Headunit Issues

Jdg784
10+ year member

Yep..I'm God
Alright, just picked up my new 99 Jetta GLS, pulled out the factory head, bought the wiring harness and pointless was of time and money radio adapter, made all the neccesary connections and hooked it up. My alpine 7894 worked perfectly for about 4 days, aruond then I was getting sick of having it stick out of the DIN slot approx 1/2" due to the large mass of wires, dc/dc converter, etc. So I started moving things around, slowly pushing it back until it would click into place. The only problem is it never quite made it that far, as I was pushing one of the last times the head unit kinda clicked then all sound was gone. I've tried hooking the old HU back up, then the alpine again, w/no luck...I get no sound whatsoever. I think it may be a blown fuse somewhere in the car...where exactly woud I go looking for them? Still figuring out everything about the new car.

There may be a fuse box under the hood, in the glove box, or under or to the right of the dash by the driver. Also there should be 1 to 2 fuses on the back of the HU that may have blown.

Check all those places and let us know what you find.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.