Subs overpowering front components?

Participant count
  • Participant list

*Ace*
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have a 15" SSD w/ copper coils that I plan on running off my nine.2x. Originally, this amp was going to power my IDT CTX's up front, however I don't have a sub amp right now and really want bass. So I was thinking of running the ID's off the HU but it only puts out 20 watts rms. How bad is the sub going to overpower them? This is only temp. I will have a sub amp in a few months.

you won't be able to get a quality sound with your id's and hu power. But will probably overpower your comps anyway, even if you got an amp on those.

When you'll have the money, buy an amp with a remote gain knob, that way you can level your substage at any moment in a finger tip.

When you feel like listening the music , lower the gain and when you want to ride dirty, crank it up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.