Subs Picking Up Noise..

bushtree
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
San Diego
Hello,

I have installed my amp into my truck and hooked my whole system up now. I am using my Stock Headunit with a LOC to connect the RCA's.

Well for the remote turn on wire i spliced into the accessory wire.

My comp. speaker are working great but my subs are picking up all kind of noises.

For example when i turn my headunit off or just turn the music down my subs are still being powered creating a constant bass sound, so it sounds like boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom. and it never stops. its not very loud but it is louder than people would be talking so it is very annoying.

Also when i just the brake it will make the subs hit, rev the engine the subs will hit, push the seek button to goto the next song the subs will jump around a little. Every single thing i do will make the subs frek out, like unlock the doors the subs will hit.

My Powerlines are run down the rightside of my truck and my RCA's are on the left so thats not the problem.

Is it from that accessory wire i spliced into?

Any ideas how i can fix this??

Thanks.

For example when i turn my headunit off or just turn the music down my subs are still being powered creating a constant bass sound,Thanks.
Does your amp stay on when you turn the HU off? You should hook up the blue wire from the HU to the 'remote' of the amp. Another thing to check is that you have good ground. Connect the ground from the amp directly to the chassis with a cable as short as possible. The Positive power connector should be hooked up to the battery directly...

Hello,

Yes my amp still remains now. As i spliced into an accessory wire for the power.

You said the Blue Wire for the HU? ARE YOU SURE? this is the remote wire for the Factory headunit?

Make sure the RCAS are not near the 12v coming from the battery, this will create noise, also if you have a capacitor, make sure its not more than 14 inches away from teh amp, it will create noise also..Since this isn't the case, it is the asseory wire. try wiring it to another wire.

Hello,

I found out it is my LOC. I hooked my amp up to an Alpine 7995 headunit in my friends car and it sounds 100Times better.

We just ran rcas from his car to mine.

Looks like i need to buy a new headunit to replace my factory one.

You said the Blue Wire for the HU? ARE YOU SURE? this is the remote wire for the Factory headunit?
Yes, the blue wire on the HU will be +12V when the HU is on and 0 if the HU is switched off. You connect this to the remote connector on the amp. Now if you switch the HU on the blue wire will trigger the amp to switch on, if the HU is switched off so will the amp be...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.