subwoofer enclosure PLACEMENT!

exxdine
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i got a box for my 08 civic si coupe and its build custom to fit pressed back against the seats firing towards the trunk...

everyone says that systems hit harder if theyre suffocated and closer to the trunk "lid/door", if theyre 2 feet from the trunk lid/door opposed to 5 inches, is it really a huge difference?

well i dont gotmy head unit, power ran thru my car, subs wired/ nor in the box...

so i was just asking before i did all that, i want it to look good and sound good,

but i wont have a sub box chillen in a random part of my trunk just for a non audible difference. because its fiberglass, made for looks...

i would like it to look as organized as possible without sounding like butt

yeah i get that, but i was just wondering if from other people experience, how big of a change is it. but i guess ill just have to try it, i just dont wanna install everything, put the box where its made to go and find out that my subs only preform well when the box is not where i made it to fit

As long as your not building a custom placed fiberglassed style enclosure you should be able to move it around a little to se where it sounds better for you. Fiberglassed boxes made to fit the shape of he trunk will obviously be too hard to move around.

Wouldn't sound quality be more related to the quality of the components used rather than the placement of said components?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

actually it a mixture of both. placement is a critical aspect though. because of the way the sound couples with the car, it's amazing how moving something over 3 inches can make a differnece in tweet placement, and with subs it's amazing how firing it back towards the trunk lid and firing it up towards the deck sounds different.

actually it a mixture of both. placement is a critical aspect though. because of the way the sound couples with the car, it's amazing how moving something over 3 inches can make a differnece in tweet placement, and with subs it's amazing how firing it back towards the trunk lid and firing it up towards the deck sounds different.
X2 I have a pair of separates in the kick, but because the imaging was done right all the music sounds like it's coming from the base of the windshield and center of the dash, not from the floor where the speakers are. Great components and poor install can make any system sound like poo, but even average quality components will sound great when the placement is right. What I get from the original topic of this thread is that he wants his bass to hit better, not for SQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.