Subwoofer options 500w rms

diddlebrittle

CarAudio.com Newbie
Idaho
Last edited:
What amp, Rockville DB14? That is a 1000 watt RMS amp at 1ohm. What's the budget for subs and the box? Either of those woofers are a good budget choice.

And it is referred to as low frequency ability. ;)

Dayton Audio MX12-22

Imo this is a better sub for about the same price and it has a 5 year warranty

Wire 2 of them in series/parallel to get at 2ohm for your amp

Last edited:
I am going to buy these tomorrow, after I get them setup and broken in, will these speakers handle full power from the amp or should I turn down my amp a little bit rockville db14

Set your amp for maximum unclipped performance. The drivers are rated to 500 watts so they should fine. 500 watts is the thermal limit and music playback is dynamic. They should be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

I am building and selling the subs. Like to get input on if basket colors options would be a winner. I do custom painting on guns already.
Yeah was thinking of those, they cost arond 130€ here from the store, so my best bet is to buy locally if i go with them 😁
Plus one. Works in as small of a box as .7 cubic feet sealed. Also had mine in a 1.75 cubic foot box ported to 36. ****** slammed. Only thing was...
I'd predict a shallow roll-off below tuning with the smallish airspace. Yes. Modeling only shows +5db around tuning. Would anyone like a...
I used an Sa-12 classic for modeling. (.14ft3 displacement) Mounting cutout: 11 1/8" Depth available: over 12" (plenty) Actual tuning is 34.75hz...

About this thread

diddlebrittle

CarAudio.com Newbie
diddlebrittle
Idaho
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from