Subwoofer Question

Brooklynchild07
10+ year member

Hey, I have two sony p5's 300 watts rms, 1100 watts peak, and I was wondering if anyone here thinks that they are bad subs? They are sony's but I have heard that sony has made a very good sub here. Is it possible that I could get some serious bass in my car with them? (Nothing out of this world bass, like you can hear me down the road or anything) But do they pound? I'm asking because I do not have them hooked up yet (also no amp yet because still trying to decide.) Thanks!

I think everyone here will tell u they **** and sony ***** blah blah blah but to tell u the truth my friend had 2 p5's in his car and they hit kinda hard and maintain decent sq. If this is like ur first system or something then yea u will like them alot probably. Sure there is better out there for the price but hey if u like them then thats all that matters.

better then the first sub i had. I had a Jensen 10 in bandpass from wal-mart.

My friend has 2 sony 10's and they get resonably loud but the sq is terrible.

Well if it's your first set up I'm sure you will like them. They sound alright and hit ok, nothing that great though. I've heard about them starting on fire or blowing a lot. But if you like them then that's all that matters, it's your money, your car, your set up, the only one you have to impress is yourself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.