suggestions?

Mirp
10+ year member

bumpin high
Ohio
Got 2 mtx 8000 t81044as (10's of course) in 2 seperate boxes at .77 cubic ft which is around 40 hz but im kinda dissapointed at their sound.it rattles a little bit of stuff but they aint loud enough.got a soundstorm f700.2 pushin em at supposedly 500 rms 700 peak each,which i doubt but should still be some power.boxes are sealed,anyone have any suggestions to make them louder?ill get a new amp sometime but have many other things i want too (components,HU,alarm,silver tint)that i want soon.anyways suggestions any any of these would be good.

Putting the subs in a ported box will make them sound louder. Check the specs on those subs to see if you can fit a ported box because they are generally larger than sealed.

i can fit each one in maybe a 1 cubic ft ported box,mtx lists 5 but their 1.25 is recommended i think (31hz),1 is at 37hz.would i need filler in the box?i want to make it 3/4 mdf on all sides but plexi glass in the front and maybe some cool lights or something inside.ill line the walls with 1/16 sheet metal stuff,id want em to flash or something with the music but dont know where i could find em.also the top wouldnt be more than 4 inches wide and 21 long (could i put the port there or would i hafta do it on a side)?plz give me comments or suggestions,need it louder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.