Sundownz please help!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

dancindan85
10+ year member

WI
ok I ordered 2 SA-15's d4s from woofer-etc just recieved them today and one of them makes a horrible sound. it sounds like the voice coil is rubbing on the wall of the motor or the post. almost like the cone isn't inline right. i contacted woofers-etc just now but wondering what your take is on it or if anyone else knows what it is or if it can be fixed and not shipped back...?

99% likely it's not a factory defect as we still test all the subs that go to WoofersEtc just like we test them that go everywhere else -- it may have been knocked around enough to shift the motor. In any event -- we can check it out and replace it if necessary.

PS: E-mailing us is alot better way to ask this type of question.

i would also check out the dust cap could have came loose a lil and that makes alot of noise.

if the top plate has shifted you will see it is off set, take a peek..

played them a lil bit more and the one sounds fine now. idk wtf the deal is. whatever thanks everyone for the input.

so I took out the one that was making noise and it looked like something was stuck between the coil and the motor. slight scratch on the coil...

99% likely it's not a factory defect as we still test all the subs that go to WoofersEtc just like we test them that go everywhere else -- it may have been knocked around enough to shift the motor. In any event -- we can check it out and replace it if necessary.
PS: E-mailing us is alot better way to ask this type of question.
What he said.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.