swapping a JL amp for a JL amp

timmyjimmy5150
10+ year member

harvard
In my F-150 I currently have 4 component speakers (1 in each door) powered by a JL 300/4....

I then have a single JL sub under the rear bench powered by a JL 250/4....

My question: I recently purchased a JL 450/4 from a friend who needed some fast cash......

I'm going to replace my 300/4 with the 450/4 --- The 450/4 will give me more power in the front stage and equal power in the rear stage as my 300/4.....

Now --- Is all I need to do is swap the connections on the 300/4 to the 450/4? Should be the same, right?

Another "rookie" question..... Do I need to unhook the neg. battery cable before beginning even if the engine and accessory ignition switch is off?

Any other suggestions appreciated...

thanks

tim

Either remove Positve the cable from the battery or pull the fuse so that you aren't playing around with a hot wire. If you remove only the Negative at the battery the positive will still be hot and could arc if it comes in contact with a ground. I don't know about the amp connections, I would assume they would be the same.

actually if you read in any auto repair manual produced by haynes the first step it to remove the negative battery terminal. can't arc the positive if the battery isnt grounded. removing the negative only will be fine

Yeah, you are right , I'm just in the habbit tripping the ckt breaker or pulling a fuse so I don't have to worry about radio settings and such when the Battery is disconnected.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.