System Installed Finally...Help bringing it to its full potential

ajb1205

Canada
First off I have to say what I thought I knew about car audio was not even the tip of the iceberg. After reading a ton on this, as well as other forums, I have A LOT to learn. I just wish I had done more research and asked more questions and took more advice right off the hop.

Anywho...On to the fun stuff...

My system is composed of the following:

2013 F150 with the Sony premium sound system

Stock HU and Amp

Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component set in stock locations (front doors and pillars)

Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8 3 ways in rear doors

JL SSI & Cleansweep

JL JX 400/4D

JL JX 500/1D

JL 10tw3 in a custom box that I made (0.5 cubic feet)

JL 4 gauge power wire and ground

This is the first time I have installed my own stereo equipment but I can say it has been extremely satisfying being able to say that I did everything from doing all the wiring to fabricating my sub box. Now comes the "tweaks"...To make the most out of my system.

From what I have read, an equalizer will truly enable me to bring my system to its full potential. What would be a good, budget friendly way of doing this? I am not afraid of a bit of a challenge at all...Just would like some options and advice. The equipment I have is what I will work with....I don't want this to me a "you should have bought this"...Or "why did you buy that" sort of thing. All I am after is a nice sounding system that makes me smile everytime I listen to it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks guys.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
First off I have to say what I thought I knew about car audio was not even the tip of the iceberg. After reading a ton on this, as well as other forums, I have A LOT to learn. I just wish I had done more research and asked more questions and took more advice right off the hop.
Anywho...On to the fun stuff...

My system is composed of the following:

2013 F150 with the Sony premium sound system

Stock HU and Amp

Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component set in stock locations (front doors and pillars)

Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8 3 ways in rear doors

JL SSI & Cleansweep

JL JX 400/4D

JL JX 500/1D

JL 10tw3 in a custom box that I made (0.5 cubic feet)

JL 4 gauge power wire and ground

This is the first time I have installed my own stereo equipment but I can say it has been extremely satisfying being able to say that I did everything from doing all the wiring to fabricating my sub box. Now comes the "tweaks"...To make the most out of my system.

From what I have read, an equalizer will truly enable me to bring my system to its full potential. What would be a good, budget friendly way of doing this? I am not afraid of a bit of a challenge at all...Just would like some options and advice. The equipment I have is what I will work with....I don't want this to me a "you should have bought this"...Or "why did you buy that" sort of thing. All I am after is a nice sounding system that makes me smile everytime I listen to it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks guys.

I'm kinda in the same sitch you are sir! Yeah car audio is a monster these days!! I was good back in the day with a HU and amps/power booster+equalizer and speakers but things have blossomed into much more complex things today. I got myself into a DSP, a Digital Signal Processor that I specifically don't even know how to work yet, but I'm gonna have to find out! I've heard great things about DSPs so I guess I will find out if it's all true. Soon! Had to pay someone else just to get this DSP configured to allow the signals from my HU into it to it's outputs to my amps! And so far on the board I have pissed most or many here off so badly they have completely shut down on me! Not all but it seems to me like most.

Hope you get more assistance from folks on this board than I usually do! :)

John Kuthe...

The only reason I have JL components is that the only stereo shop within 3 hours sells JL and just by chance found great deals on both new and used equipment. I believe the JL TWK is around $600 here in Canada. Thanks for the suggestion...I will take a closer look at it.

Btw... It does not matter the brand... As long as it works.

Turns out I do not need anything else. A co-worker gave me a hand adjusting the settings in both the SSI and amps...Sounds pretty freaking awesome now! And once again...Not a **** bit of good advice given from this joke of a forum lol. No surprise there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.