!!! System Needing Critique !!!

FinalWolf
10+ year member

Stop reading my subtitle!
Over Here
Please Critique My Proposed System:

(*Note*, this is going into a 2000 Honda Civic EX)

Head Unit:

----------------Pioneer DEH-P860MP (~$350 Not 4 Sale Yet)

Components:

----------------Infinity Kappa 60.5cs (~$138)

-------OR------Infinity Perfect 6.1 (~about $50 more)

Amp 4 Comps:

----------------Hifonics Zeus ZX4000 (~$164)

-------OR------Hifonics Zeus ZX6000 (~about $10 more)

Subwoofers:

----------------Phoenix Gold Ti10d (2x$69 ~$140)

Amp 4 Subs:

----------------Hifonics Brutus BX1000D (~$220)

Plans:

Forget about rear-fill because it is a 2dr civic, not going to make a big difference and just leave the stock 6x9s in there. Probably power them with the HU. I’ve listened to both sets of Infinitys and although the tweeters did get kind of harsh, when I adjusted the crossovers to (if I remember right) –3db I hardly noticed. I’m going with 2 10s because the spare room in my trunk’s wheel well will fit them perfectly, and I chose the Ti10s because they only need .3-.5 sealed airspace and I don’t believe anyone has objected against them. Powering the subs is the affordable and sleek looking Brutus and the DVCs will allow me to get a 1ohm load so everything should be fine there. The pick for the component amplifier is just to get matching amps in the amp rack, and they seem reasonably nice.

All prices are found on internet (ebay, cbrstereo, thezeb, carmedia1) and do NOT include the shipping; and the Brutus will come with a 4awg wiring kit.

Questions:

----I cant find what my stock amp is rated….should my planned system cause a problem with it, I am assuming about 80amps?

----Pondering whether or not to spend $30 on 3 Nidec fans to create airflow over the amps in the rack, worth it or stupid??

(Proposed AirFlow ~ |||FAN--->AMP--->FanBlowingOut

----Any better quality components to the system which you know of for nearly the same price or even cheaper? Please tell me models and where to get them.

----I’m probably missing a few essential things, what are they, this is all I can think of???

----If any of my logic in this system is ill-thought, please let me know before everything is purchased…

Thank you for taking you time to check out my “future” system. Thanks to all those who have helped me with individual questions over time. Your input is highly appreciated, please have a good day! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hi!

Have u listened to the DEH-P860MP? I've ordered one myself, but I've never heard how it sounds, so I'm kinda curious..! I guess it's gonna rock, cuz the 940 did and the 860 is supposed to be better, but still it'd be cool to know what i have in store..! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Othervise, looks like a nice system! However, check out DLS (http://www.dls.se) for speakers. They have some awesome sounding ones!

Gregus

you said you had planned to leave the stock speakers in the back, but ive heard many people taking them out and leaving it open so you get more bass from the sub into the cabin.

bump...now more ppl have told me to take the 6x9s out so the bass comes through them....I think Im gonna do that

Any more help?!?!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.