System Proposal

knils
10+ year member

CT
...its more than i want to spend for a system, im a senior in high school and i work a ton, make 210-300 for an average week, so i mean i CAN afford this stuff but im not sure that i want to, i just want something that sounds good thats LOUD and POUNDS...and i know ill get what i want with these but im wondering if i can back it off anywhere to save a buck or two....

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-7995 not where im getting but for pictures $299

Speakers: MB Quart RCE216 6.5" 2-way component system pair = $153 x 2 = $303 + s/h -- retail at $450+ a pair ^^

4 Ch. Amp: JL Audio 300/4 75 x 4 rms = 370$ + s/h

Mono Amp: JL Audio 500/1 = $360 + s/h

Subs: JL Audio 12w3v2 = 140 x 2 = $280 + s/h

= Grand Total of $1612 + s/h for everything.... :/ eh

kinda too much too much, i mean i can keep all this stuff for a long time... but ah i dunno, suggestions!!!? i only need something thats loud, sounds good, and hits hard... im not lookin for competition winning level and quality... :/ any help would be greatly appreciated.... i dont think i need this much, im set in stone on the head unit and subs...just about, but the rest is flexible ESPECIALLY for amps... was looking at an Alpine MRV-540 100 x 4 @ 2ohm i dont know... suggestions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

2 sets of componets front and rear, hummm. if you have an suv or something i'd say yes do it. if not i'd say just get some loud speakers in the back instead of components.

amps, have you thought about phoenix gold or xtant?

yeah, you will only want components for the front. For the rear, get coaxial speakers...it will mess up ur imaging/ sound stage if u put components in the rear. Also, phuck those overpriced ******** JL amps $360 for 500 watts?? **** that...look into the above brands suggested...good luck. peace

NG

looked into some things... found each for 210$ Hifonics Zeus ZX6400 85 x 4 ch. or Phoenix Gold Tantrum 600.4 75 x 4, in white or black both brand new in box...which would you suggest and why? and how do i know these things are just as good as expensive big name ones like JL just because of the name? im just curious... and is there someplace online which has posted measured ratings of these amps to prove?

id be very willing to try i just would like some assurance...

Are RE subs good? which ones... ive checked out a lot of the brands... just need ideas, and is there some place i can go to hear these, or do i just trust.. lol

Looking at RE 12" SE sub...2 of em, any good for what i need...

so for the rear just a pair of loud coax 6.5" ?? could just get same MB Quart 6.5" reference just coax... dunno... for speakers what do you suggest, want components in the front, coax in the rear, just loud and sound quality, something i can push hard 75-100 watts x 4 not too expensive

I think you will get enough bump from 1 JL12w3, thats what i have. So ditch the Mono Amp and rear speakers. Now only use the front components on 2 channels of the amp, then use the other 2 channels bridged for the JL sub. Remember if you can always add the second amp and set of speakers if you feel like it is not enough.

I have MBquart speakers in the front and they kick ass,(and they are only 4", cant wait to stick 6.5" in there) and then i have 1 JL sub. I am a fan of Precision Power amplifiers (the old models) You might want to look into that as well, Phoenix gold also has a good rep. Good luck

150 watts wont be enough on the sub though :/ ? runs 300 rms... and will it sound bad with no rear speakers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.