T/A and Ipod Capabilities on 9887

Participant count
  • Participant list

gsuchyta
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I believe I read somewhere on here that the alpine 9887 doesn't process the ipod through the 24 bit processor is this true and does this really affect the sound quality?

I had an 880prs and loved it's ipod sound quality through the IP BUS thingy and I will just buy another one if I have to

Also to use the time alignment feature don't you have to buy something to set up this feature and if so about how much is it?

I really did enjoy the sound of the pioneer 880 as I know a lot of people do but I do see sometimes people think the alpine 9887 has better sound quality.

It doesn't say whether it processes the ipod through the 24 bit processessor and I really don't know after reading up on it if you can use the time alignment feature with just the head uniit or if you have to buy like imprint or something.

no idea about the ipod but you do not have to buy anything extra with the 9887. the imprint kit only gives you the auto-tuning feature, which *****.

I got a response on DIYMA and it is true that the alpine doesn't process the ipod through the 24 bit processessor but it really doesn't matter because ipods use a wolfsen dac processessor that is as good or better than the alpine processessor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.