to all of you trying to increase db,check this

luv2bass
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
LA
have you tried to add polyfill?

polyfill works by "adding" volume to a box.if you don't change your port dimensions the resonant freq drops.but what happens if you make your port shorter and tune to the same freq you were tuned to before adding polyfill?

answer:your db number will increase by at least 1db.

i have done it and it works.

if you are afraid to cut your port to see the results make a simulation first with winisdpro.

take one box at 100 liters tuned at 45hz.it should have a port with a diameter of 16cm and length 18cm.

now if you had add polyfill it would be at least an increase of 30%.that should be 130liters.but with the same port dimensions the tuning drops.the spl drops too.

if you change tuning freq again to 45hz by making the vent shorter you should see the spl go higher by almost over 1db.

check it and tell me your results.good luck.

yeah i think loyd and nick morgan have put a few SPL theories to rest. i know last time i talked to nick he said that "theory's are great but myself, loyd and eric have put a few of those to rest as anything more than thought."

adam

i don't insist on using winisd but it really works cause i DID MEASURE the sub after polyfill.

you must see the graphs.

do you know how can i post them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.