Trunk rattle

Participant count
  • Participant list

spokey9
5,000+ posts

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
NE AR
So I'm about to start buying materials for deadening my delta. My biggest concern is trunk rattle. I'm gonna do 200ml on the big panels and the entire trunk. What else can I do to dampen the trunk lid? I'll be running 2 sql-15's ib on 2k so I'm pretty sure there's gonna be some rattling when the go low 😂

Id place the entire lower and sides with this before laying a false floor or covering with abs or any other covering that may be needed. water and moisture proof, mildew resistant, sound barrier,insulation, and fire resistant. can be cut to fit and cram into crevices needed to fill with a broom stick or the like. ill use a 1x2 rounded off so it doest rip the portion apart when shoving it in place, though its pretty rugged compared to reg insulation from coming apart. good Stuff! Just a recommendation man. shop around and find better pricing, especially while the 4th sales are going on

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Owens-Corn...VznDn_tnK0FrEeRcDKxoCrtgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Use a fillet knife to cut in half even. use a dust mask and some goggles and leather type gloves and long sleeve shirt and pants to keep the glass particles off of you. Cheap and dammned good stuff

you can use cheap duct tape of whatever color you want or some good packing clear tape to seal up the cracks with but wedge them in place to stay better. You can also use Foam board 1/2" to silicone or glue or screw with flat oversized washers to hold in place too. looks good, and does very well

I'm plan on going all out on the trunk itself. The lid is where I'm most concerned 😂

I've got a bunch cut up denim I've soaked in scotch guard for batting in the hide holes.

I know I'm gonna do gas struts for the trunk lid and pull the torsion bar. That'll help some I think

Damping material will make that trunk lid heavy. You might try selective damping after you get the install done. I never considered gas struts for mine, and yes the trunk buzzed with just a pair of free-air 8's in the rear deck. Also pay attention to the license plate mounting...

delta_rear.jpg

Damping material will make that trunk lid heavy. You might try selective damping after you get the install done. I never considered gas struts for mine, and yes the trunk buzzed with just a pair of free-air 8's in the rear deck. Also pay attention to the license plate mounting...

View attachment 58965
Oh I want that trunk lid heavy af 😂

The flip down license plate is a wash...but on my old delta I never really heard it inside the car anyways and I just glued chunks of pipe insulation on the back of the plate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...