FEATURED Trying to find information about a Shark amplifier

Raudonkepuris

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello eveybody.
A person has offered me a subwoofer+amplifier for 40€. The subwoofer is pioneer made, but I didn't see its model because it is in a box, but the amplifier is really interesting for me, here are pictures of it
1000001941.jpg

1000001942.jpg

1000001943.jpg

1000001944.jpg

The first thing I noticed is that it lacks any branding, but searching on the internet revealed it could be of "shark" brand (if youre interested google "shark v16 amplifier"). Also on the metal plate it says "V18 Devise in U.S.A." which looks like a typo for me, furthermore the V18 on the metal plate doesn't match the V16 on the body. Other pictures of this amplifier (or an amplifier that is of the same design as this, that I found on the internet) suggest that the writing should say "shark" only.

The "shark" brand itself is somewhat of a mystery, looking it up doesn't give many results, only some old forum posts. It is a problem for me because the amplifier is not in a working condition, something blew up and if I wanted to use it I'd have to fix it, so I could use some schematics and part names.

So basically I have couple of questions:
Does anybody know anything about "shark" brand? What is it? How good are they? Can they be contacted for schematics?
How old could this amplifier be? From my findings I'm guessing early 2000s maybe.
Is this amplifier any good?
Could this amplifier be a knockoff (basing this from the metal plate)?
Is this amplifier even worth the effort of fixing it? I'm planning to buy this kit either way, only for the subwoofer and the box, because they seem worth the 40€.

Thank you all in advance.

Photo
  1. Yes
I'm assuming it's a flea market brand. Looks like it says A class and 2600w, if that were legit you'd be looking at a highly inefficient amp with a huge power draw to make rated 😂

Can't tell from the picture, but what are the fuses in the amp? It's almost definitely a knockoff and not worth fixing, especially with the price of new stinger and taramps units.

Can't tell from the picture, but what are the fuses in the amp? It's almost definitely a knockoff and not worth fixing, especially with the price of new stinger and taramps units.
Combined fuse rating x 14.4 = total X 70% to get approximated output for that a class A/B.
To me fuses look orange/white so maybe 20/25A, that would be 822-1000W? I can't check for sure until I see it again.
It looks like the old Pioneer GM-X944 series amps. Maybe same build house.
If you're correct there is a service manual with every schematic and PCB design needed to fix it.

To me fuses look orange/white so maybe 20/25A, that would be 822-1000W? I can't check for sure until I see it again.

If you're correct there is a service manual with every schematic and PCB design needed to fix it.
50 A fused, 500 watt amp.

1724176783934.png

Probably not. Pioneer designs and builds specific to their spec. very controlled production so not thinking I've ever seen any outside of Pioneer. Not impossible, just unlikely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...