tuning box for re XXX 15 to 27 hz

bobo244
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I want to build my box for my RE XXX 15" to be 4 cubes after displacement and tuned at 27hz. the external dimensions are 27 wide X 20 tall X by 18 deep. what should the dimensions of the slot port be to tune it to 27 hz???? any help would be appreciated...

ps. ive tried using winisd, but i respl.com doesnt list all the T/S parameters that it asks for, plus i got a little confused while doing it and the results i got back didnt look to be right. thanks

well, if you put the slot on the 18"side, minus the thickness of the wood, that would give you a slot of 16.5" long. Im guessing youre using 3/4"mdf. a 16.5"x2"x21"long port in that size box will tune to 27Hz. (That is considering the speaker displacement.) Now I didnt figure for any bracing, and for a XXX 15" you will need to brace the box. Which will take up some volume, which raises the Hz, but it is very minor. A proper brace should only raise the frequwncy by like .2Hz or so.

how many cubes should i give the XXX. people on this forum say to go big like 5.3 or so but thats not what the RE site says. what would but out the best sounding, low deep bass for a daily driver?

If you kept in around 4-4.5cu' and tuned to 30-34 it will sound fine. Once you get into this area, it becomes really picky personal prefference. If you can change the dimensions of you box a little, we can probable get a port that will work out quite nice for you. Are these you max dimensions that you can use? Or have you already started and this is what you have to work with?

those are not the max dimensions. this is goin into my backseatless 96 chevy 1500. so there arent really any max dimenisions beside the fact that i like to recline my seats so pretty much 22 inch deep and around 20 inch tall. the max width is around like 48 or somthing. i currently have a audiobahn awt15x. this sub is going to gointo the box for now but i am going to be upgrading to an XXX very soon.

oh yea i am using mdf. this is adaily drver and would like the best deep low sounding bass because i liek to listen to music. no competition. thanks

Just Email RE and they will give u a diagram. Tell them the max lenghts you want, the sub u gonna use, the frequency u want and they will send u one.

I love them for this!

I do!

Well, I am using around a 8+ cu ft box for my XXX 18 and tuning at 33Hz. Should be a good amount of air. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well, I am using around a 8+ cu ft box for my XXX 18 and tuning at 33Hz. Should be a good amount of air. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

What kind of car is your box in right now? 8+ Cu ft is VERY Big

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.