Tuning???

kickerlivinloud
10+ year member

Banning survivor
Ok, I understand tuning and that lower tuning (28-32Hz) normally makes better SQ and Higher tuning (35-40) is more SPL but explain to me this. How exactly do you tell what a box is tuned to??? Is there a special instriment you use or a special formula or what??? I want to build 2 boxes for my setup when I get it, one for daily around 28-32 Hz and one for comps around 40 Hz. How will I know what I am tuned to????

Any help would be muchly appreceated...

Jon

theres a program for your computer, and someone here knows the web address for it. Depends what kind of music you listen to basicly the tuning herz is the herz that your sub has to work the least amount to produce it at that herz and slowly has to work harder and ever so slighty more destortion at higher hz levels than the tuning hz but when you play frequincys below the tuning herz it distorts at like 5hz below I think Im just estimating.

Hey thanks the jl web site makes a little more since. I already have the winsd and it dosn't have my driver in it. I should be getting the proper box specs from IA when I get my sub. I was just cerious in general how to tune a port

Thanks for your imput

Jon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.