Two powerbass amp if strappable?

Genu

Hi, I have two powerbass amps. One is a powerbass asa1000d and the other one is a powerbass 1000dx. I was wonder if both the amp are compatable to strapped/link together? I will running those amps on two powerbass xs12 dual 2 ohms.

Thanks

Hi, I have two powerbass amps. One is a powerbass asa1000d and the other one is a powerbass 1000dx. I was wonder if both the amp are compatable to strapped/link together? I will running those amps on two powerbass xs12 dual 2 ohms.Thanks
Doubt it ..gota be exact models to strap

"Hello,

You can strap the 1000.1d and the 1000.1dx together. Don't allow the load

impedance go below 2 ohms while strapped or You may have warranty problems

and burned components. The amps are rated for 1 ohm when connected in the

non strapped mode, but only 2 ohms when strapped together. *I would

recommend making the 1000.1dx the Master amp and the 1000.1d the slave, and

use the 1000.1dx remote connected to the 1000.1dx for the subwoofer level

control."

PowerBass Tech

-----Original Message-----

You can strap the 1000.1d and the 1000.1dx together. Don't allow the load

impedance go below 2 ohms while strapped or You may have warranty problems

and burned components. The amps are rated for 1 ohm when connected in the

non strapped mode, but only 2 ohms when strapped together. *I would

recommend making the 1000.1dx the Master amp and the 1000.1d the slave, and

use the 1000.1dx remote connected to the 1000.1dx for the subwoofer level

control.

PowerBass Tech

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 3:28 AM

To: tech@powerbassusa.com

Subject: Amp link together?

I have a powerbass asa1000.1d could i link it together with powerbass

asa1000.1dx? Is both of the amps the same or different?

Sent from my iphone

Thanks for the response. This is what powerbass tech stated. So what do yal think possibility or i'm in danger of damaging both amp?

You can strap them together. Besides the rounded corners the are basically the same amps. Just be careful not to go below the 2 ohm load strapped. I would not recommend strapping the Asa series just for durability issues but it can be done.

I'll keep everyone informed to see what happen when i link the amp cable together.. I open both amp it has stamp label on the board asa1000d just different date when it was made.. This weekend i'll have it tested..

I finally have both wired but, I'm stumble on a problem.. Do you guys/gals know what cable link do I need to strapped the amp together? It looks like a telephone or ethernet cable. My autotek mx2000s used rca's, This one is kind weird.

I got this amp from a trade so i don't have the link cable just the bass control knob. Powerbass tech stated that any wire that plug in would work. I dont know if that is true I see the plug has 4 pins, so are all this telephone cable have the same color order wiring?

If i cant find the right cable cord, could i daisy chain both amp using the output rca jacks? Have one sub per amp.. Will this option work? I don't really understand the difference between daisy chain and strap.. If anyone know could you please explain it to me?

Thanks in advance

I don't really know how to upload video, but will ask a friend to post one for me. My master amp is the asa1000dx and the slave is the asa1000d. I used a datalink rj11 custom 6p4c(6 position 4 conductor). The diference between both amp are the bridge/link/strap connection; the master uses a mini head cable and slave has a larger head cable. I hope this doesn't confuse anybody but them both could be strapped with a lil mod..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Genu

Genu
Modesto,ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Genu