Upgrading from 1 RE XXX 18" ('07) on 3kw to...?

BreakingBad

Banned
pittsburgh
Although times are tough right now and I've lost some of my hearing (lol), I am still lovin' the car audio scene. I've debated quitting the game due to my hearing loss, but realized i just need to be smarter and quit exposing myself to CRAZY loud bass on a regular basis.

ANYWAY, that said, I'm interested in upgrading.

Current system is a 2007 RE XXX 18, sealed box, sundown saz-3000, 2 deka g31 batts, yt under hood.

I went sealed as at the time of purchase RE was a very 'hyped' brand (albeit it was overpriced...) and the general consensus on various forums (including caraudio.com) was that the XXX (due to it's specifications) should sound great in a sealed box....and I can confirm, it does...on the low end. I've noticed that songs that have punchier, quicker bass the sub doesn't perform too well on which is expected due to the build and sub size. My alpine head unit goes to volume 30 or 40 or something, and with the tuning on the amps on volume 5 there's decent bass...10 is bearable, 15 and higher it gets difficult to deal with, the ears begin to hurt quickly.

I might be coming into some money in the near future and would like a complete rebuild, as if all goes right the SUV (05 trailblazer) will be parked and kept as a leisure vehicle, 4x4 and car audio...going to be driving a new car (eventually) due to the gas prices and the impending doom that is about to befall our nation caused by the globalists (rothschilds, rockefellers, corporatization of the world, the IMF, the World Bank, the Bilderberg group, the Federal Reserve...and the dozens of other evil, corrupt organizations) who are hellbound on destroying this world for more money and power.

I figure, hey, with the world changing drastically and all our lives about to change, why not blow some money. I did replace 2 of the front speakers with Hertz speakers (dont have the models offhand, the box is in the attic)...actually from a member here, to be honest. It's all working just fine, but it's time to just revamp everything - going to have a shop more than likely sound proof some areas, replace all 4 speakers with a nice front stage (with good midbass) and when it came to the subs, I am split...

Having an 18 gets you accustomed to hearing a sub perform primarily on the LOW end (25-34hz) with it's peak being very low compared to smaller subs (obviously)...knowing this I'm not sure how different the bass would be going from 1 18" in a sealed box to something like 2 15"s in a ported, or even 2 18"s in a ported.

I want sound quality. I know many here are on a budget as am I, but I don't even consider certain brands due to my own experience and seeing other vehicles over the years, etc. For example, no way in hell would I buy alpine subs. Not saying they are bad subs, but they are not what I am seeking - they're not powerful enough, other brands get better reviews and I want better quality.

Over the years I've heard a few names come to the forefront. I haven't been on here in a LONG time, and I come back every once in awhile to discuss **** related to...car audio. The names I'm seeing are Fi, DD and RE (still). I'd like to get some feedback on points such as pricing, build quality/customer service/warranty, power ratings, sound quality, etc. I can obviously review my own 18 and can wholeheartedly say on 3kw in a sealed box this thing bangs, I couldn't even imagine it being on say 4kw in a big ported...Keep in mind, I'm coming from and RE XXX 18...not a type-R, so what are my 'items of interest out of the above brands?

I've been looking at the Fi BTL's, but again I want LOUD, SQ subs not subs built for SPL reasons...problem is when you go from say the BTL's to the BL's you are sacrificing power and loudness for sound quality (from what i hear). Don't know much about DD. RE is a bit too expensive unfortunately, I could save up but I'm pretty **** sure I can get equal if not better quality elsewhere for much lower pricing..

ps, in action:

(taken when i had half the power)

YouTube - RE Audio XXX 18" - 1500w

(newer)

YouTube - RE Audio XXX 18 - Akon - Smack That

(clip i made, with quick overview of system)

YouTube - RE Audio XXX 18 - Overview

Any suggestions? I only want 2...4 just seems too much and i don't have a TON of room in the rear as my backseats are staying in and i don't want to wall it off.

Brands? Models? Prices? RMS?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks!

and about the views on the government, lol...that might have to go to the off topic section or a PM, as most forums I've been around 'frown' upon political discourse due to the implications discussing it have...not sure what it's like on ca.com.

let's just say i do not believe our government works for the best interests of it's own people, nor does it (in any form) respect the constitution or protecting it's citizens either. i can elaborate.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Im a bit confused here you want to upgrade from a xxx 18" to multiple 18's and get quieter?? Maybe i read it wrong but why not just port that box for that 18" xxx and upgrade your front stage considerably.

I have a Fi X 10" which is there entry level sub and it gets plenty loud and sounds good doing it the BTL would be very nice.

Either way I would love to have that 18" xxx but alas an 18" wont fit in my civic not would i be able to power it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.