Use high and low level input simultaneously

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have have a JBL GTO755.6 amp that I currently have connected to a pioneer deck through the pre-outs. I just installed a bluetooth hands free device in my car and would like to connect it to the amp as well. The amp has high level inputs that are not in use right now so I would like to use those for the hands free. Will I damage anything if I have both low and high level inputs in use and connected to different sources at the same time? Is there anything I should be aware of before I try this?

Thank you in advance.

Generally you are not supposed to use high level inputs and low at the same time on a car amp. Reason is simple. The power of the amp runs through one or the other. Using both will damage the amp because of the over exceeding draw from 2 devices vs one device.
Most install manuals that come with your amp will warn you not to use both inputs. The wired inputs are ONLY in case your head unit doesn't have RCA outputs. Best set up is using a amp for the sub and a separate 4 or 5 (etc) channel amp for the speakers. Adding a power conditioner is the final stage of a solid car audio system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...